Thanks to everyone that stuck by us and signed up for this round :D! To those who couldn't sign up this round because of RL reasons, we hope to see you soon in the future!! We have 30 amazing participants this round, I can't wait to see what you will all do!
SORRY FEE! I shotgun this post cos I wanted to keep this theme post as far away from the solo R3 one as possible. Plus I won't be able to come online tomorrow & Friday so better now than later. You've checked off most of these so hopefully it will be OK. PEOPLE, ALL THE CRAZINESS AND WTF THEMES ARE MY FAULT BECAUSE FEE WAS NOT HERE TO REIGN ME IN FOR A COUPLE OF THESE. Anyway enough of my dramatics, here are the themes.
01. Christmas Carols
03. Hidden Text
07. Pick-Up Line
08. In the Cards
09. Winter Stock
10. Ship Defining Moment
Ya I can't upload new patterns rn cos my internet is going crazy again, reusing solo's R1 pattern until Fee comes back and rescues me tbh.
01. CHRISTMAS CAROLS: Use the name (e.g. Silent Night; White Christmas) of a christmas carol in your icon, alternatively, you could also use lyrics from a christmas carol.
02. OPPOSITES: Your icon has to convey the idea of opposites, either technically through the use of complementary colours, of black vs white, or coloured portions vs desaturated portions. Or you can also use words e.g. "opposites attracts", or "yin and yang". Or you could simply have an icon of a couple who you think embodies the idea of opposites.
03. HIDDEN TEXT: Part of the text featured on the icon should be obscured, either by the character or by some other visual feature like textures/brushes. Examples will be pointed out if you don't understand what I mean /lazy.
04. MISTLETOE: This means I want to see a kiss. Whether it's an official image or something you manipulated in photoshop. If manipulating in photoshop is too hard, you can also convey this through text and treat it as a conceptual theme (e.g. 'sunkissed', 'kissed by the gods'... lol these are bad examples and I feel bad, I'm sure you will be able to come up with something more innovative).
05. HANDWRITTEN: Sometimes the best font is your own handwriting (look at pamkips's recent icons!). Or if you don't own a tablet/want to use your own handwriting, you can use a font that looks like handwritten script, for e.g. any of these from dafont.com.
06. LONGING: A conceptual theme, use text or image to express the feeling of longing in this icon - how much does your OTP long to see each other this holiday season!
07. PICK UP LINES: Self explanatory, your icon has to feature a pick-up line. Go wild, don't be afraid to embarass your favourite OTP with this one. If you need some help thinking of some lines, check out this site. If you have any good sites to share with the rest of us, please do so ♥!
08. IN THE CARDS: This can be a technical theme or a conceptual theme, as long as you feature something relating to the 52-cards. For technical, you could use the symbols hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades along with the colours black or white in your icon. Alternatively you could design your icons to resemble a picture card e.g. jack, queens, kings, and ace. You could also use text to convey the idea. This is not limited to the cards themselves, you can also use card game terminologies such as 'Royal Flush', 'Poker Face', etc... in the icon.
09. WINTER STOCK: The ideal image of Christmas is winter time, so even here in the Southern Hemisphere where it's summer, I also want to see some winter action! Use stock of winter scenes e.g. snow covered trees, white/blue expanses of snow, etc... in your icon to let us all feel a sense of the fabled white christmas. A quick search in google image here will give you an idea of what we want.
10. SHIP DEFINING MOMENT: Icon featuring a moment in the manga/anime/game that you realise you ship the two characters in your pairing. If you can't think of an exact moment (do try please!), just choose a moment you like.
11-15. KALEIDOSCOPE: If you don't know what they are, look here. Basically I want you all to achieve the effect of a kaleidoscope in your icons for this set. This means duplicated and mirrored images, in combination with vibrant colours. Why yes, this also happens to be the trendiest iconning style around rn, but we want to see you push yourselves with this one. Go as crazy as you would like on this set.
DON'T BE SCARED GUYS THIS IS BASICALLY JUST ASKING YOU TO USE BLOCKING + VIBRANT COLOURS.
16-20. ARTIST'S CHOICE: Do what you want here and have fun!
The round will conclude on Tuesday, 20th December. Please direct all questions/complaints here.